About me ...

I am Amanda Reed. I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I started my college CAREER in the spring of 2005. I have made a lifetime experience out of college. I started out not knowing what I wanted to do with my life. I knew I wanted to be able to touch the lives of children everyday for the rest of my life. I love working with kids and I love making a difference in someone's life. I started out thinking social work would be my route to take. Once I began the schooling for that, I decided maybe not. Social work really is not really the way I wanted to be involved with children. So now I have started my final goal of being an elementary school teacher. I am an only child with two wonderful parents. I am from Alexander City, Alabama (small town USA.) Once I finish school I am not really sure where the road will take me. I know I do not want to go back to my hometown , but I will find somewhere to call my home.

Attributes

Attributes hm....?


I started out with my goal of education this semester actually. I was influenced by one person that showed me that being a teacher is one of the most special careers. I think that teaching is not for the money , but for the opportunity to show children the importance of learning everyday. I have recently learned in a class that technology is a large supporter of learning in the classroom. I have learned so many skills to involve the students with the world outside of their own school. This will be an ongoing blog because my learning will never stop. This is my first year into the major, and I have already learned so much information on what to do in the classroom.